Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Last week I. . .

Memorial day kicked off the week, last week, and we honored all our men in uniform (especially my Army dad and brother) by going to the gun range.  We shot a 9mm glock, how do ya like me now!  {jk} I’m proud to say I jammed the gun on my very first shot!  I’ve been shooting several times but this gun had more kick than I was ready for.  Goodtimes.

5-25-09 010 5-25-09 015 5-25-09 019

And on another fun filled day packed with adventure… I dragged myself out of the house for the first time and decided to take pictures of my dashing little man.  It’s fun to try to keep up with him, he is everywhere he’s not supposed to be, it’s great. {ignore the bare feet}

5-26-09 018 (2)copy5-26-09 075 (2)copy  5-26-09 038 (2)copy

 5-26-09 069copy5-26-09 053 (2)copy 5-26-09 035    

Our friends here are amazing.  What a wonderful company Tony works for, we are so lucky. Two different guys Tony works with volunteered to babysit.  Volunteered!  Tony and I were able to go out twice in one week - without Brody - that never happens.  First, shooting… and again to see the Terminator movie.  Let me just say, UH-Mazing!  {it was my first ever terminator movie and i was impressed}

5-30-09 (7)

--------------------

To finish the week we went as a family to the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial.  It was beautiful and humbling. 

5-31-09 OKC memorial 045 5-31-09 OKC memorial 0295-31-09 OKC memorial 030copy 5-31-09 OKC memorial 033

5-31-09 OKC memorial 021 (2)copy

“Our deeply rooted faith sustains us”

5-31-09 OKC memorial 011 (2)copy5-31-09 OKC memorial 022 (2)copy 5-31-09 OKC memorial 017 (2)copy 5-31-09 OKC memorial 055 5-31-09 OKC memorial 057copy5-31-09 009 (2)copy

-------------------------

 

6-2-09 056 (2)copyWell friends, it’s back to school for me… I’m super thrilled!!!! WOO HOO!  YAYYYY YAY!!!  … …But it shouldn’t be too bad, just English and Sociology this summer.  I’ll be taking a full load in the fall so I can eventually graduate and become the next Jon Schmidt {mmmmmriiiight}.  My major changes weekly- feels like- so right now I’m focusing on something in the music field {I have a thing 4 the piano} and a minor january 2006 008in something else {it’s a… …surprise???}.  I’ve started working towards dental hygiene but I’m hearing from numerous sources that having kids and going to school for that is next to impossible.  Is that true?  Eh, I don’t care.  I know if I quit and lose my piano skillz, I’ll hate myself for life.  So right now, piano it is.

It’s been a few days of class and already I need a vacation…It’ll be interesting to see me during fall classes.  At least somewhere during the semester I can look forward to the release of

New freakin’ Moon

And that’s all I gotta say.

11 lovely comments:

Jessie said... Reply To This Comment

I am loving all of your pictures - you're quite the photographer! Like seriously, very artistic! I'm glad you're having a good time out there (but know that I miss you!). Hey, a college friend of mine is out there (her husband is selling) - Bart & Shantyl Stears - sound familiar?

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Connie, I am learning that I need to check your blog frequently! At least I am responding before Mike and Dad, so I am happy for that!! Your pictures are amazing and the subjects are so beautiful. The shooting range is something Dad and Mike won't ever take me to. I'm not sure why, but they won't! It's cool you are learning. Perris told me a bit about guns before he left to school so I could defend myself if needed, but I have forgotten everything. The pictures of your barefoot little man are awesome! Thanks for keeping me in touch with him. When you come, you will have to teach me to blog so he can keep up with Grandma too! I am glad you are coming, though we need to soon talk about the date! The Oklahoma Bombing Memorial was touching. When Perris and I drove through, it was still just flowers, and stuffed animals and cards next to the metal fencing. Schooling while mothering is a tough rode to hoe, but I have confidence that you will make the right decision for your family. I think it is awesome that you have chosen piano again to major in. Your compositions are truly amazing and just think, the more you harness the gift that Heavenly Father has given you, the more you are able to fulfill the creator in you and help others. President Uchtdorf gave that charge to all women
remember? I love you with all my heart! Love, Mother

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

That's so nice you guys got to go out with out Brody. That's always a treat! I love Tony's tan legs and white feet! I bet Devin's are like that, haha!

PS You in that pic with the piano...what a hottie!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

You really do take a mean picture! Love all of them! It's so cool that you are focusing on piano...sounds like a fun major!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Of course your mother just has to be first...

I really liked your blog this time. Brodster is a cool dude. I just don't understand why anyone would want to go out without him...

Shooting guns? Isn't that so anti-Obama? Aren't you worried that the thought police will take you away in the middle of the night now that you posted such horrible pictures of you committing the crime of enjoying guns!?!? You are so bold to be so politically incorrect! Bravo!

Lecia said... Reply To This Comment

I spied your "Just a Thought" at the bottom of your blog and loved it - thanks for the uplift. BTW, maybe when you guys get back you can teach me how to make my blog purty.

mike said... Reply To This Comment

well sis good luck with school...its always a worthwile endeavor. i cant wait to start myself this fall! Boy Brody is one cool kid! I've never heard of new moon....is it a book or movie?

Connie (and Tony) said... Reply To This Comment

It's a book that's being made into a movie. You should read the series, I love them.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, I freakin am in love with you. Seriously.

Your photography is beautiful!

Good luck with school! (I want to use that photo of you and the piano for "the post")

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

You're taking a full load this fall? Wow, I'm impressed!

I want to go shooting! It looks fun!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

oh man i love your pictures :D great work. cute blog. epic win.