Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Here’s The Down Low

Anyone want to take a trip?  How about to this place:  It has my two favorite things, Locusts and Pirates.  On our way home we can hit up Slaughtersville.  (Real towns here)  Seriously.

6-19-09 020

Oklahoma is awesome

SO far in OK I’ve had my ups and downs- my online class is wearing on me but at least it’s almost over!  Until a few days later, when I start a new class.  Yuck.

Remember how I celebrated Father’s day early?  It was a good thing… because remember how I promised to hospitalize myself?  I came through.

FaThER’s DaY FesTIviTiES

Tony woke up to a scavenger hunt throughout our apartment where his final prize was a new wedding band.  I proposed.  (I know… )How FREAKIN CUTE OF ME!

 6-21-09 0276-21-09 017

before and after

Anyway… I was trying to beautify myself for church when my final step was to *ahem, go pee.  I was in a major hurry to get out of the bathroom or something because I stood up really fast; and hit my head really (really) hard on an open cabinet door {that miss smarty pants left ajar}.

It hurt a lot but I didn’t want to mess up my mascara by crying like a sissy girl… but I AM a sissy girl, what can I say.  I lost it.  Tony came running in when he heard me and then I started FREAKING out because blood gushed down my face.

I was looking for a reason to make “Father’s Day” all about me, so I found it. MMMmmHI, he already got father’s day!  JK.  But anyway Tony made me go to the Urgent care to make sure I wasn’t going to die.  I didn’t.  Tony got some pictures of the fun on his camera phone- enjoy.

0621091229 Don’t worry, I’m not sharing bloody pictures with you…I’m so nice.

The guy said I “punctured” it and offered me a staple and a tetanus shot but there was no 0621091226a6-21-09 073way  I was going to staple my head… no thanks doc.  I got the shot though.  OUCH. Then I went home and slept for a few hours and Tony nursed me back to health.

Wouldn’t you know something like this would happen to me.  For the love. I felt worse for Tony, though.  But at least I made up for usurping the rest of his father’s day by making him (and me) these bad boys.>

Charde told me about this excellent recipe to make homemade hostess cupcakes.  Yep, you heard me.  I’m getting fat just looking at them…

and oddly enough I don’t care. :D

6-21-09 088

10 lovely comments:

salena said... Reply To This Comment

Ouch! Just reading about it makes me cringe..I bet you had a pretty bad headache there after!

Oh and those cupcakes look frickin amazing!

Sara Crandall said... Reply To This Comment

no way you made those! Post the recipe! Ouch I am sorry about your head. It made my head hurt reading about it.

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

ohhh my mother lovin' blog i LOVE THIS. sadly and happily. it's just adorable. in so many ways. primarily because you ended it with my favorite thing: cupcakes.

speaking of which, care to share that recipe? the one thing about NOT having a husband: i muse use my cooking skills (*ahem*lack thereof) to lure one it. bwahaha.

Connie (and Tony) said... Reply To This Comment

go to my recipe link at the top of my blog and it'll take you to it!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

My poor baby hurt herself. I feel awful. I have been sick this week myself, but still have to work. It's an important week for me this week, and life don't stop just cause you are sick...

ashley wright said... Reply To This Comment

awwww poor girl. I always seem to be hitting my head on doors and cabinets left open too!! by the way, those cupcakes look DEEElish! yumm. gotta try them! Oh and about your rant about the sunglasses; i totally think you could pull em' off. Youre adorable, you can wear anything you want!

mike said... Reply To This Comment

yep thats my sis.....always finding a way to make herself the center of attention! way to go....but ouch.....hope you feel better now!

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

Awesome wedding band and homemade Hostess Cupcakes! :)

NOT awesome getting a bad hurt-y on your head! I'm sorry! :(

I'm rather fascinated by blood pictures...yeah I know, what a strange person! ;)

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

Poor, sweet Connie, now you and I have the same scar on top of our head (remember when Anne put the cast iron pan with the lip on the top cabinet and lucky me got to feel what it was like to have it hit me, lip first)?Forever, we are bonded! When you come, we will be bonded by cupcakes and other amazing yumminess you share on your blog! Love, Mother

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Hi!
I just linked to your from Busy Bee.
You are so cute and so is your blog.. and so is your baby!
Have a good day :)