Friday, June 19, 2009

Hair ‘n my food

Do you ever feel like doing this?

6-8-09 012copy2 I do.  ALL. THE. TIME.  My hair is so fried and frustrating, I get so sick of looking at it everyday.  Someone better stop me!  I’m going to do it!

…but I wont.

I’ll just do THIS!

6-18-09 024

Because I finally got a new flat iron.  Brody helped pick it out.

 5-28-09brody 003 (2)copy

However, I’m only 99% sure this one’s a keeper.  Don’t get me wrong, I LOOOOVVVEEE it!  But I’m tempted to try their “better” more expensive one.  But they don’t give refunds, only exchanges… so I haven’t decided yet.  Anyway.  Thanks to everyone for your wonderful advice {forevers ago}!  I promise, I really did take ALL of it to heart.  In the last couple weeks I tried out a CHI and an FHI and both were awesome.  However there were just *some* things that didn’t work out for me.  My hair is … picky I guess.  Oh well.

Anywaaaaays, so I ended up with a PAUL MITCHELL beauty and really do love it.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

What Else?

  • Try this place:  Pepperoni Grill. 

042copy039

  • And here:  Rusty’s.  Nielsen’s has officially been demoted. 

6-16-09 002 6-16-09 003

  • Is it winter yet?  I want to wear this scarf already:

034copy2

~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ - ~

By the way I have the best luck.

So you know how Tony gets home from work late?  Usually after 10pm.  Sometimes I wait to eat with him and last night I did.  I was too lazy to cook so I ran to Sonic to get something.  I waited FOREVER.  FOR. EV. ERRRR!  I entertained myself by drawing “HUNGRY!” on my Gymboree receipt and holding it up to my window {the workers inside had a good view of this}.  I wasn’t trying to be impatient, just lighten the mood; I was cracking up.  People were literally pulling up and leaving before I ever got my food.  Grr.  So when the girl came out to bring the food and apologize, she explained that they put my money back on my card and everything was free.  Weeee! 

059 6-18-09 007

Do you like my replay… “hungry!”  rawr!

Sure I’ll pay the consequences for eating junk food that late but at least it was freeeee.

Well… maybe I don’t have the best luck. While I was ordering tons of bugs flew in my car and I ended up with bites all over my legs.  Let’s hope my next post isn’t how I was hospitalized for West Nile virus.

10 lovely comments:

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

HAHAHAHAHA. I love Brody's taste.

Hmm maybe you should tell Sonic to hire Tony and take care of those buggers.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Please tell me you want us to read "fRRRREEE" they way it is said in Bedtime Stories...

I want to chop my hair too! We must not...

Sara Crandall said... Reply To This Comment

Free food eh? I'm going to try that!

Newlyweds said... Reply To This Comment

Don't cut your hair!

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Hahaha! I love that pic of Brody!

mike said... Reply To This Comment

connie, honestly i love you wether you have hair or not so i say if it makes you happy.....chop the heck out of it! i find it rather interesting though that i want to grow mine but i cant because the army and all while you want to cut yours but you cant.....or at least society would look at you a bit wierd....the grass is always greener.....

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, I can give you a buzz cut when you come here. HE HE HE. You will look like GI Jane. On second thought, I have always loved your beautiful hair, so please don't cut it!

I noticed the comment above about Brody's taste. I know he has excellent taste. Look at who he chose for his parents...

The razor blade is not a razor blade, it looks like a shim or spacer or something. Still, why not pick it up and throw it away?

Danielle said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, you know, you don't have to wait for winter to wear scarfs. I wear them all the time to work (only because it's -20 in the office) but if you find a light enough fabric, you can wear them during the summer. People might think you're crazy, you just need to tell them your excentric(sp?)!

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

Wow! This blog has a lot of topics to pick from, fast food, pepperoni grill, Rusty the Razor Blade, bug bites, free food, straight irons, etc. I think my favorite item on this blog is Brody with his finger up his nose, in his yellow t-shirt. Notice how those blue eyes pop out at you when he wears yellow! How cute is that! I can't wait to see him. My summer will really be awesome when he comes to visit! Clemyjontri here we come! Love, Jeda Grandma!

Connie (and Tony) said... Reply To This Comment

Yah... I know I could wear a scarf now but I refuse. It's wayyy to hot and miserable to wear one now!