Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Today: I failed.

Lucky us, we’ve been getting FREE CABLE!  No one else we knew was this lucky, but it just kept working day after day, I figured it was a blessing from above. (lol)  But yesterday, as I was watching cartoons with Brody it went fuzzy, and left us forever.

I brought ONE movie.  And since yesterday I’ve turned it on 3 TIMES for background noise.  {I don’t like silence} 

5-27-09 030

I realized it was foolish to bring one movie… yes, even Twilight.  I’m.. slowly….. going.. insane.

Brody’s dinner time:  6:00 PM  Clean tray:  6:15 PM

What really happened:  10 PM and this is what we have:

5-27-09 023

Oh sweet potato puff how did you get here?  I never miss a crumb on the carpet {yes even our shag carpet} but somehow this little guy got away from me. 

5-27-09 004

{{{{{ROUNDING CORNER}}}}}

5-27-09 005 (2)copy

Oh.  Ok.  I probably could’ve avoided that.

MAIL!  Oh mail.  I never get mail!  And a package!

5-27-09 013copy Wait, it’s not for me.

5-27-09 014

But actually:  it is! 

School books.  Suck.  {I’m usually excited about school but I dread online classes.  And btw, I’m taking two starting Monday.  WHoopee!  Not.}

5-27-09 021 5-27-09 017

Brody wasted the gate:  He now knows how to break through.  So much for that idea.

Goal for the day:  drink the recommended amount of water each day.

My progress:5-27-09 012

DO PILATES: CHECK.  Let Brody body slam the DVD and scrape it against the DVD player: Check.

5-27-09 026 5-27-09 031

Order flat iron like I’ve been meaning to.. because I’ve chosen one!

And then discover they are all out of stock.  And the one I want is now DISCONTINUED!

Not to mention:  go grocery shopping for the week (usually accomplished on Monday):  Check.  Do laundry (also done on Monday):  Check.  And make dinner for my husband who has been at work for 12 hours:  check.  OH wait… NOT, NOT, and NOT.  (sorry, Tony)

At least I know there’s always tomorrow.

11 lovely comments:

Sara Crandall said... Reply To This Comment

you are too funny! Hey I have a degree in sociology. Are you taking a sociology class or is that your degree?

Jessie said... Reply To This Comment

i totally know how you feel - some days you just can't seem to win at anything. so tell me more about your schooling...i've been toying with the idea of going back to school, but i just don't know where to begin or anything. so i'd love to know what you're doing!

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

It seems lately that all of my days are like that. I have such good intentions but sometimes that's just not good enough.

By the way I love your blog header. Did you design it?

salena said... Reply To This Comment

Ha you're too funny! And you are explaining like every day for me! If I can get the gym in and the kids are fed, its a good day for me! :)
Oh and you need to go get some DVD's at Blockbuster for only a dollar and you get them for 5 days! I think I outdid myself with Twilight in the theater..cause I've only watched it twice on DVD!

Thats awesome that you're taking some classes!

Char and Trent said... Reply To This Comment

hahah sounds like u had a rough day! and you can borrow any of my movies whenever you want! Just let me know!

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

I think I'm going to second guess my trip to OK... sounds waaaaay too fun! :) :) :) and yes, go back to school, at least get your associates. (just an opinion... haha)

Fiery Jack said... Reply To This Comment

I love when Brody "wasted" the gate. I mean... i feel bad for you. But it was funny the way you put it. You're cool Connie.

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

Brody shows such sincere intent (brute strength) in the baby gate picture and has such a cute expression in the last photo, that you want to just love him up!!! Yes, world, I am his Jeda Grandma! As for the other mishaps along the way, I think I'll package some DVD's we have and send them to you---can't do much about the sweet potato puffs, and I am empathizing with you over that hot iron. Which one did you decide now that they have discontinued it? Try checking ebay. You may end up with a better deal on it anyway! Idea two is to buy the new and improved model. I'm sorry to hear Tony did not have a great homecooked meal. Maybe you should buy an extra large mountain sized bag of hotdogs like when I was at your house in the Spring---then there's dinner in a flash! (Ha, Ha, Ha)! Love, Mother

Amber and Jon said... Reply To This Comment

Connie,
You have to get in touch with my sister in law, she lives in Moore, I am not sure where you are living in OKC. Anyways check out her blog www.thesterlingfoys.blogspot.com
I have told her that you're there for the summer.
Amber

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Hey Connie, I totally feel like a failure on a lot of days. Like today for instance, my 2 1/2 year old had about 50 fits, one by the floral department in Fry's, one by the bread in Fry's, one in the Fry's parking lot, one in the car driving home from Fry's, one getting out of the car from Fry's...and the list goes on...basically, Fry's was a nightmare! Anyway, why he throws these fits, I don't know, I hope it's the age and he'll grow out of it. But, it sure does make me feel like a failure as a mother, especially when everyone in Fry's is watching.

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Poor Connie baby! Evidently your cable was provided by the last tenant.

The potato puffs were really funny. Connie you crack us up!

The baby gate only holds back babies, so obviously the Brodster is not a baby! We all love him!