Sunday, May 10, 2009

Shag carpet and my mom


Since we’ve been here, we’ve found a nail, screw, and razor blade hidden in our shag carpet. Luckily, it was never Brody who made the discovery. So, I felt bad when the other day I was hanging this mirror…IMG_1192It had staples in the wood that I had to remove to get the pieces off to hang it. One of the staples went flying and I couldn’t find it to save my life. Naturally, I didn’t want Brody to find it and swallow it so I kept my eyes peeled. It wasn’t a small one, but one of the thick sharp staples.


IMG_1194 - Copy IMG_1202


Thankfully, this little vacuum cleaner of ours didn’t find it, I found it when I was playing on the floor with him, but like 2 days later. Even though it was something small and insignificant, it meant a lot to me cause I prayed to find it… and no, we didn’t bring a vacuum out here so I couldn’t have just done that.


…Of course I couldn’t forget mother’s day! Happy mother’s day! …To ALL of you mother’s and soon-to-be mother’s out there. But most importantly, to MY beautiful mom:


my fam 019 Basically, you can’t find a better mom than her. If you know my mom, you’ll agree. She’s amazing!



Copy of Copy of oldfampics 012


ANNE'S BABY PICTURES MAY 2006 271mom's camera pictures-race 10 mile 047


Copy of perris and mom visit me (21) Connie's Wedding October 2006 086 Copy of DECEMBER 07 170My mom is just fun loving! Always has a smile on her face; and is everyone’s best friend instantly. She’s definitely mine..

I love you mom!

7 lovely comments:

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Yikes! In the carpet?! I'm glad your prayer was answered! :)

Becky and Brian said... Reply To This Comment

i am glad you found the staple. Hope you are enjoying Oklahoma! Miss seeing you at church!

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Mother's Day! Your mom sounds awesome! :)

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

It's good to hear Brody did not find all the dangerous items! Go right out and buy one of those little shop vacs or carpet sweepers if you don't want to invest in a major vacuum cleaner. You never know what else may be lurking in your carpets. Now as to the post on Mother's Day---You will never know the depth of my love for you and how this post brightened my day. A big thank you best friend! You made it easy to love you/you make it easy to love you. As always, you are my comfort! Love, Mother. I can't wait for school to end for me so I can visit you.

JED said... Reply To This Comment

As I read your entry, I could not see the connection between a staple and your mother, but then she would also worry over the little dangers you kids faced. I suppose that is what makes her the mother she is!

mike said... Reply To This Comment

Wow sis, in between work and sleep ive missed a few of your posts but i still do care! great pics of mom! Give brodster a big hug and kiss from his uncle and know that I love YOU!

Aunt Spicy said... Reply To This Comment

Your Mom is amazing! [She passed me your blog...I am in her ward :) ]And what a fun blog, good luck with school!