Friday, May 29, 2009

I seized that day!

Really, I got lost.  I was several miles away from where I thought I was.  But it turned out to be pretty fun!  Like a good blogger, I had my camera safely stowed in my purse.  I figured the sites were too beautiful, in their old-broken-down kind of way, to simply pass by… so I took dozens of random pictures of Old Old Oklahoma city, Oklahoma.  Here are some for ya…

5-28-09oklahoma city 001 (2)copy5-28-09oklahoma city 003 (2)copy5-28-09oklahoma city 007copy2

This place was pretty cool; what with the destroyed parking lot, friendly paintings, old water tower, and all.  Then I realized it wasn’t so family-friendly when I noticed there were vagrants everywhere hiding in the shadows.  I grabbed Brody and took off so fast, the fun was over. 

5-28-09oklahoma city 014 (2)copy 5-28-09oklahoma city 004copy2

 5-28-09oklahoma city 013 (2)copy2 5-28-09oklahoma city 010 (2)copy

That is, until I noticed this awesome guy taking a leak on that clothing donation box!  I missed the part where he was actually peeing {sorry} I mean, I was DRIVING when I took this… I got what I could.  But you can see he’s buckling up his pants!  SIIIIICK!  haha!

5-28-09oklahoma city 015 (2)copy

 5-28-09oklahoma city 019 (2)copy 5-28-09oklahoma city 018 (2)copy 

And here’s more pictures I took while driving.  I hope this convinces you all to come visit me.  Not that I need entertaining or anything.

And Later, I had so much fun taking pictures of it here, that I went around where we live and got some photos.  I know you wanted to see Moore.  haha get it?  We live in Moore.  Never mind.

5-28-09 0125-28-09 014 (2)copy  5-28-09 006

Pretty lovely, am I right?

5-28-09 008 (2)copy 5-28-09 013 (2)copy 5-28-09 007 

5-28-09 002

How cute, so true. So true.

5-28-09 001

                  Ok this last picture ends it for me… ghetto overload.

15 lovely comments:

Amy and her little family said... Reply To This Comment

I love your site and you pictures!

Amy and her little family said... Reply To This Comment

I really want to follow your blog, but I can't figure out how!

Jessie said... Reply To This Comment

i LOVE that you took a picture of that guy "making his donation"! hahaha! and the creepy massage van! Oh Connie, you're the best!!!

p.s. - I have "Master of the House" from Les Miserables stuck in my head. The significance of that probably goes without saying, but (just in case) George Kastanza has that same dilemma during a Seinfeld episode. ...for some reason, I wanted you and Tony to know this...

Char and Trent said... Reply To This Comment

So SOOO Cute! We must both be bored because we've been updating our blogs alot lately :) I love your pictures! We should go out someday and take some pics of my prego self.. I need some before i get any bigger! Let me know if you would want to experiment!

Becky and Brian said... Reply To This Comment

Fun pictures and what interesting memories you are making! Looks so different compared to Gilbert/Mesa.

salena said... Reply To This Comment

What a neat little town! It would be cool to get some family pics near those old looking buildings, too!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Only my Connie could make something so dull so interesting! Connie, you should write a book!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Yeah, I concur with Dad. You are a talented writer/photographer! The DC Temple, Hershey Park and Clemyjontri sound fun to me! I also thought of having you come when you could see the wild horses on Chincotegue Island. Its the last Wednesday and Thursday in July. It's 3 1/2 hours away, though. Let me know what you think. Type in Wild horses at chincotegue if you want info first! Love, Mother It's not letting me post again, so I'll be anonymous!

The Foys said... Reply To This Comment

Hey Connie! I actually have really learned to love Moore! There aren't really a TON of things to see, but it's just really nice and laid back. What ward are you guys in? How old is your baby? You can email me at brittneyfoy@gmail.com and we can chat more about it then! Do you stay at home with your baby or do you work? Send me an email and maybe we can meet up or something!

Sara Crandall said... Reply To This Comment

oh my, that picture of the guy zipping up his pants is priceless. Talk about being at the right place at the right time or is it the wrong time?

MamabearMills said... Reply To This Comment

thx for stopping by! your blog is super cute!!!

Inquiring Camera Girl said... Reply To This Comment

Connie - I *love* your blog! You are so creative! And the above poster is right - that guy piddling on the side of the donation box is priceless.

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

Talk about identity crisis. Does he think he's a dog? haha. You crack me up.

Austin and Ashtyn said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE Oklahoma. Seriously I am so sad I am not there this summer. haha love the pics. Brody is so cute and getting so big!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

wow looks like one great place to live. i think when i have kids i'll raise them there. i personnaly applaud that man for not conforming to the crazy idea of bathrooms. every plant, tree, shrub or donation box(especially the donation box) is a perfectly good place to go! -mike