Monday, May 11, 2009

Any advice?

I’m a really thorough shopper.  I don’t just go out and buy something unless I’ve thought about getting it for a while.  And when I do splurge shop, it usually ends up back at the store. 

So I need help picking out a new hair straightener because I don’t know the first thing about hair!  I know several of you are hair dressers, so I’m counting on you! (:

10125006-ghd-iv-stylers-ghd-logo-ghd-hair-straighteners

company_logo 

 CHI_PINK

Soliabanner

hai_dryer_small

bedhead_tigi_logo   

sedu_logo 

I’ve narrowed it down to these brands… {although the list isn’t very narrow haha} if I’m missing a good one, let me know.  Otherwise, what would you get?

And on that same shopping note…

4-22-09 (16)

 

Animal print! I just noticed this, I can’t get enough of animal print lately!

Lately I’ve added:

a giraffe print bag, peacock

feather bangle, zebra stripe

bathing suit and top, leopard flats, and snake skin top.

4-22-09 (12)

4-22-09 (10)4-22-09 (13)

0420091458

Pretty wild, eh.

16 lovely comments:

Sara Crandall said... Reply To This Comment

sorry i won't be help on the straightner, i go with whatever is cheapest. Cute purse!

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

Dearest Connie, I remember way back when getting rid of my animal print clothes because a certain someone said to! They are all so cute on you! I suppose that everything will come back in style sooner or later (except maybe the 80's stretch pants and tied t-shirt combo)! I should run out and buy a whole wardrobe of animal print clothes so that we can "match" (I know you love that idea)! Watch your wallet, Lynn!!!! Love, Mother

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

0' about the straightening items--not that I am an expert, but I do know how to Find answers. Look each one of them up on the Internet, their active ingredients and etc. and then look that up on the internet to see which are the safest, and the product reviews---research, research, research! That is the way you will really know! Love, Mother

Mariner SuperFan said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Connie... for what it's worth, I have a Chi and I love it. It's the best one I've ever owned.

--Cheryl Ann

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

I'm alll wal mart baby. haha. I've used a chi and couldn't really tell a difference. My flat iron is a Curlmaster and I use Zero Frizz serum. I think you can get both at wal mart.
And I love animal prints. I just got the cutest dress in cheetah print. LOVE IT!

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, From reading this post, I've discovered I've got zero fashion sense. I think you will be safe judging for yourself! Love you!

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

I miss you!!! Love the animal print. I would definitely go with the chi!!! I have had mine for a couple of years now and it still works just as great as the first day I used it. I noticed the biggest difference when I first got it. I never have kinks in my hair and I can get such super straight hair without any damage at all. So definitely a chi.

Salena said... Reply To This Comment

I hear lots of good things about CHI's. I'm too cheap for that..so I "splurged" on a 40 dollar one at Target and it's my favorite one so far. (I think it's a Remington one)
Oh and I love the animal prints on you! Only some can pull it off and you definitelu can! Love the purse!

(Oh and I would totally want to be entered for WNTW! Since I am totally clueless about fashion and I always go with black! So I dont think it's mean:) I hope she makes it!)

JED said... Reply To This Comment

hey, WHO is that certain someone? I never told you to get rid of anything. GRRRRRR!

mike said... Reply To This Comment

Well, since I know everything, take my advice on hair products.....you look amazing no matter what you do so as my favorite bear would say.......look for the bear necessities the good ol’ bear necessities forget about your worries and your strife…… just thought I would stick with the animal theme there!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, I agree with Mike. The stuff just washes down the drain anyway, so just get the cheapest. Besides my Connie was always so pretty...

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Poor, Poor Daddy, he thought a Chi was hair product like soap, he had no idea it had to do with straightening your hair; I informed him and he said, he still agrees with Mike that you should go cheap, but that is not my advice. Cheap ain't so economical if it doesn't do the job. I say limit your buy to your top two and then return the one that doesn't work as well! Love, Mother

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

By the way, my password is not working today, so I decided to go anonymous! Love, Mother

JED said... Reply To This Comment

So does chi come in a bottle? or is it hardware? Who knew? Or Who cares? GO CHEAP. Suave works. I still love you Connie.

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

I have a CHI and LOVE it. I can get out of the shower, throw my soaking hair in a pony tail, then when I go out that night I use the CHI and the pony bump is completely gone! Since it works so good, it's faster than having to go over it again and again with a cheaper one. I know it's a lot of money, but it's worth it!

I ordered mine from Ebay and I don't recommend that though b/c CHI doesn't warranty any straightener bought online. I recommend getting it from Costco. They seem to be the cheapest.

Let us know what you decide!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I always wanted a CHI, but then I found out the "FHI" is better. I have had my FHI for 3 years and it is amazing!