Friday, February 27, 2009

THAT is a serving?

I was excited when shopping for my favorite meal of the day, to find this promise:

You're kidding!

So....In efforts to have a healthy lifestyle, I have pretty much done away with all “sugar cereals”. I eat ones with the “heart healthy” label, for the most part. However, it wasn’t until just recently that I realized I wasn’t doing myself that much good by them. Observe:

This is an average bowl for me. And sometimes then comes a little more, depending on how much milk is left over.


This, is a serving:

1 Cup

Again, this is about what I eat:

And this is a serving:


3/4 Cup
I guess I was a little off when eyeballing it- I’ve actually had about 2-3 servings every morning! So much for a healthy lifestyle and moderate diet. Don’t worry though, now that I realized what’s been going on, I won’t be making that mistake anymore! Perhaps my next move would be to buy smaller bowls?!

7 lovely comments:

Newlyweds said... Reply To This Comment

haha that is so funny! Don't you hate that though? seriously, it is so dis-leading!

Sara Crandall said... Reply To This Comment

Oh eat up! You burn it off chasing your little one anyways. Yeah, I probably eat 2-3 cups atleast!

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Wow! I probably eat like 5 servings every morning! I better watch that...or not!

PS I love the quote on the side by Pres Hinckley. I'm gonna copy it if you don't mind!

Sarah and Trent Buehler said... Reply To This Comment

That is so unfair. I have tried eating the healthy cereals too..but I am having the same 'problem' of the double servings...augh!

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

In order to have true happiness in life, I would need to eat about 4 or 5 servings of cereal. I LOVE cereal. LOTS of cereal!

But I don't have true happiness because I follow the stinkin' rules and just eat one itsy bitsy not-filling serving like the stinkin' box tells me to. Phooey! >:(

mike said... Reply To This Comment

Cereal is so nummy! i like it best with fresh blueberries.....now im getting hungry!

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

Well, there you go again, being more perfect than the rest of us. Wanna know what I had for breakfast? It was a piece of appple pie with ice cream and caramel syrup on top---yummy, but definately not on the list of foods to eat regularly. Thanks to your blog, my health nut attitude is returning! I love you beautiful. Thanks for the reality check! Love, Mother