Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Love/Hate relationships

Valentines day is a special day for some, hated by others. So in light of the recent holiday, I have several love/hate relationships, I've been noticing as of late, that I felt like sharing. Seemed appropriate.


My first love/hate relationship: target.


Who doesn’t love the patented buttered popcorn aroma as you enter this upper-class-wally world, of sorts. It’s a great store, who can argue. HOWEVER, it can be too great. I walk in with the intention of buying just batteries (or something) and I walk out fifty bucks later wondering what happened. I can’t help it. So I avoid Target whenever possible because I know what it does to me.

Bank of America. Oh BOA, you are everywhere. I love being on the other end of the country and still being able to access my money through an ATM without a fee. However, you’ve stolen money from me (I have evidence). And although you being everywhere is a convenience to me, I think it has gone to your head. You don’t care about the little people- and I am one of the little people. I’d like to take my business elsewhere on occasion, but you wouldn’t notice. Or miss me. So I won’t go through the trouble.

Stupid Laptop. You’ve been a thorn in my side since the day I bought you. That could be my fault since you were dropped. But a month ago, you crapped out on me. Lucky for you, I had a very generous friend donate his time to repair you. So you’re not being sold for parts just yet. P.S. I love you.



Hairspray= bad for the environment and nastys up my wedding ring. But you keep my hair in place and that’s really what matters in life.

Chocolate= keeps me comforted all year round. Maybe it's just the extra fat it supplies me. So that's no bueno. How dare you taste so irresistible.

Money= the root of all evil, so I hear. I couldn’t live without you. I would starve.

Internet= a great place to mingle with friends, get recipes, or diagnose myself. But there are creepies on there. And plenty of things the world could definitely live without. So although I love you, I hate you too.

5 lovely comments:

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

haha my love hate relationship is food. Actually wait, i just love it.

-Tony

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

My love/hate relationships are practically everything you said...except I don't own a laptop, richie!

mike said... Reply To This Comment

Wow I feel the exact same about the BOA I'm just too lazy to swicth because I would have to change my direct deposit with the Army, which could lead to pay problems that the military is infamously known to be slow at fixing

Connie and Tony said... Reply To This Comment

Yeah I'm SO rich! haha. Actually, I bought that crap laptop 5 years ago with my dogwalking money. And I forgot another love/hate relationship I have... Exercise! I love it but it's painful and boring at the same time.

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

Yup! We all agree on this one! You have a neat way of wording everyone's thoughts! Love, Mother