Monday, January 19, 2009

Short and sweet weekend


(So this is basically for you mom since I'm sure you want to see pictures.) I had the opportunity to have my Dad and my brother, Mike in town for a couple days. And of course the trip was too short and I wish they lived closer... but, we had a great time going places and just being together. My family is awesome. They even went out of their way to bring me oranges, that they hand picked from my grandma's tree, in California! It is my favorite fruit- and for those who have lived or worked with me you know I eat one everyday. But it has to be an orange from her tree because the store bought oranges are disgusting! Thanks again, guys!

Here are just a few pictures of their visit...









And something specifically about Brody, naturally...
This is a little video I took on my phone a couple weeks ago. I wanted to share it, I think it's so cute! It's his new "thing". You can't really tell but he makes the funniest face when he does this!
video
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. day. heh heh. Tony and I went on a date and saw Valkyrie. If you like history stuff or you're obsessed with Tom Cruise this is your movie. I'm really not either but I still enjoyed it. Seen any good movies? I want to see pretty much everything out but I know I won't get to... plus I don't want to waste money on one that's mediocre. Any suggestions? Ok I'm off now... (I do this "..." a lot, I've noticed) K bye

6 lovely comments:

Jessie said... Reply To This Comment

that's so great that you got to have your dad and brother for a visit! it's like getting your batteries recharged - or at least that how it is for me! :)

so the picture of Brody eating the pickle is ADORABLE! definitely my favorite of this post. :)

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

Oh that's so nice to have family come visit. I'm sure it was way too short. I can't believe how grown up Brody is. We need to get together.

Rob and I have seen some good movies recently. Our favorite is the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. We loved it!!! The second is 7pounds. That's more of a deep, intense movie. We really liked them both.

Connie and Tony said... Reply To This Comment

I've heard a lot of great things about the Benjamin Button movie- I'll have to go see it, thanks! Yes, we need to hang out soon!!!

Tony said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I had a blast with you sis! It was way fun playing COD with Tony too. Well I wish we could've stayed way longer but Dad had to get back to work :( but getting to visit at all is better than nothing. YOU ROCK CONNIE POO!!!!

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

This post of the trip was awesome! I loved the pictures/each one had their own appeal. Dad and Brody (great male bonding) Dad, you and Mike (Nelson Mania) Mike and Brody shopping in the Men's section (was that for Mike or Brody?) In N Out Wow, that makes me truly hungry for the taste Pickle Man, looks like he's enjoying it!, Sippie Cup, He's so independent in that picture, All the Family-Outside Firehouse, Same pic, different extended Fam--but precious nonthe less, and that picture of Brody holding the hat is too precious,(my personal favorite), video games of Tony and Mike another male bonding moment and finally He's number one---that video is precious but tell me how to turn the volume down on the music so I can hear the sound on the dvd better. You are the best!---Love, Mother