Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Going Private?

I'm contemplating making my blog private. But then again I feel a little sad when someone has theirs private and I'm not invited to read their exclusive life stories. I don't want to deprive anyone the opportunity of reading my oh-so-exciting posts. It's just that... sometimes I come across stories about Internet safety and I seem to be breaking some of their "keep your self safe" rules. What to do, what to do...

If someone in my family had a stalker, wouldn't I need to do what's best for us? Just thinking.. actually I've been thinking about this since I started a blog. Not too long ago. I won't be collecting emails just yet... but be warned. haha!

7 lovely comments:

Kellen and Erin Hansen said... Reply To This Comment

I've wondered about that too...and I'm not sure either! If you do go private, we want to still be able to read your wonderful stories:)

Newlyweds said... Reply To This Comment

I was going to post something about going private by Febuary 1st. I come accross stories like that too and it really scares me sometimes.

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

Hey!! It has been a long time since we've talked. I've been feeling bad lately since I've seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth. I'm still trying to get caught up on things I should have done before Christmas. We need to get together soon. I miss my girl time.

About going private...I was never worried about it until these random Japonese or Chinese (I have no idea how to tell the difference) people keep posting comments on my blog. It's kinda freaked me out. How the crap are they finding my blog! I've gone to there blogs and they're all in a different language. Weird. Anyways, I still don't know what I'm gonna do. And I'm stopping now cuz this is rediculously long...and it's really late:) Hope to talk to you soon.

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

Well, I think going private is a great idea. You have already allowed who you want (your friends and family) in your private list, so that's all you want anyway, right? I love you! Love, Mother

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Just as long as old Jed can track his Brody man, I would be happy if you went secure.

After all the old man went secure in Iraq. No reason to let the bad guys know what you are doing!

Connie and Tony said... Reply To This Comment

What I did now was take my last name off as our web address... I need everyone to delete my last name off their site, if they have it up. That was one of the recommendations on the online safety article i read. I shouldn't include so much info about myself online. I'm too easy to google. haha

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so glad you left me a comment with your new address! I just tried to come and read your blog this morning, and Blogger smugly announced that you didn't exist! Humph! (Haha!)

Anyway, I sadly removed the non-existing link from my sidebar, and then you left me a comment, and HERE YOU ARE! Yay! :D

You're VERY smart to remove your last name from your blog! :)