Sunday, August 31, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
1. Music is a big part of my life. I've played the piano since I was 5 and started taking lessons at 8. It makes me sad sometimes because I haven't seriously played since I was a senior in H.S. So I'm not any better than I was then- I think I'm actually worse! In addition to playing piano, I write my own songs. Which I LOVE to do.
2. I'm a runner.. not sure why. It started in H.S. when I wanted to lose some weight. My mom would wake me up at 4am to go running around town with her- since I had to be at seminary at 6am. I'm nothing like her- she's ran everything from turkey trots to marathons. But I'm positive I will always run!
3. I'm organized and a neat freak. I like everything to be in it's place.. even when I'm making dinner, I clean up while I go.
4. I love art... not so much going to art museums (although those are cool and I have gone to several) but, making my own! Sometime my senior year I started taking my old Seventeen magazines and cutting them up and I'd make mosaics. From the clippings I had, I made my own version of "Starry Night" and I made a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge. Stuff like that. That, and sketching are my favs.
5. I started my own business after I graduated and moved to Virginia. I was a Dog Walker! Yes, it is a real job. Yes, people go to school for it. (OK- it's like a short course you take and get a license) Mine was called "Connie's Canine Care" haha! No lie, it's an official business in Arlington, Virginia... my mom now runs it. I was sponsored by the Metropolitan of Arlington- every new move-in they had, they referred them to me as their local dog walker. I saved a dog's life once- and I risked my own on occasion. It was a blast. I miss it!
6. I shop alone. Don't get me wrong, I do love going to the mall with my girlfriends! But I find I get much more accomplished when I go by myself. Tony is the WORST person to go with- he makes a face the whole time. So I prefer to go alone...
7. Although I graduated High School at 17, I didn't get my license until I was 18. All my other friends were driving at 15 and 16 but not me. And I didn't care... frankly, driving is a chore and I love it that Tony drives every time we go somewhere.
8. I'm just a plain white girl. I've been told I look... "authentic" but, I'm not that cool. I have the darkest hair in my whole family which is naturally curly. I loathe my curly hair. Which was a major trial in my teen years because I didn't want the boys to see me at the pool looking like a poodle. "trial". psh.
9. I went on a freak diet when I was in college- I ate nothing but whole grain stuff and I converted to soy milk. Truth is... I never saw any good come of it. I also banned myself from chocolate for a whole year! Truth is... NO good will ever come of that! Don't do it, friends!
10. And last but not least I'm a journaler. I've been a journal keeper pretty much since I could write. And right now I'm on journal #21. I still have all of them safely boxed up taking up space. My first ever journal entry started off, "I love matt. i want to mary him" haha! It's downright hilarious to go back and read them. For example, my "Goals for 1997" were, "1.find a boyfriend 2. be nicer 3. be cooler 4. be popular" Bahaha! The list goes on but I think that pretty much sums it up! What aspirations!
Ok, so there you have it. Also, Happy Anniversary to Mom and Dad (yesterday!) 26 years! What an ecstatic pair! haha! (Sorry mom this is the only old picture I had- and neither of you look exactly happy...)
Brody is 5months old today, crazy!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
We went to Black Angus the day before since my birthday was on a Sunday this year. I wanted Brody to come along and celebrate with us.
I had to take a picture with my meal, although Tony and I both hate taking pictures with food. haha But check out that freakishly long french fry!
Me with my gifts from Tony. What good taste he has (:
I woke up to mini berry muffins and OJ. Tony set out a paper towel for me to eat on, and everything! (:
We had a little party with our primary kids, they are all so cute.
The day(s) ended up being pretty great!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Our fourth of July was spent mostly at my sister-in-laws for a BBQ and swim party. It's also Tony and my tradition to go see a movie in the morning so we saw "Get Smart". The only disappointing thing about the day was that we missed fireworks. Normally they'll watch them on their roof but because of a storm that was rolling in, we stayed in and just watched a movie. I'm starting to like the 4th of July more and more because it's one of the few holidays in which I don't have to give any thought to what to get people- or worry about what we're going to do that's fun for everyone. It could be the same thing every year for the rest of my life (movie, food, swim, fireworks), and I'll love it! I love not spending a butt load of money on gifts and still having a great day! haha! This picture cracks me up- I had no idea we were taking our family picture in front of a construction zone in their backyard. Oh well.
And as for my trip with Brody... we went to California for a very short 2 days. And I mean extremely short. For an extra 20 bucks I was going to change my flight to be there for an extra 3 days but it ended up working out great that I left when I did because Tony and I got to go to the movies with some friends one night, and the next day I had to rush Tony to the ER. It was good that I was here for him. So I flew out monday morning and flew home tuesday night. The days were spent chowing down on delicious mexican candy, Bubu Lubu, burning myself to a crisp at Huntington beach, and mostly being with my favorite people in the world, my family.