Sunday, December 21, 2008

More random stuff

I'm a little bummed... Tony and I had the opportunity to team teach the 5 year olds in Primary for the last couple years. But, today we were released. I was pretty excited at first because that means I can finally go to Relief Society. But now that we're out, I'm going to miss it! Looking back, although we'd occasionally get the comment, "Our sub last week was a lot of fun, usually this class is BORING!" or "is it time to leave, I really want to leave" the kids we taught, taught me a lot. And I frequently got a drawing or treat from them, which was always so appreciated. It makes me excited to have a little 5 year old of my own... soon enough.

It's true, I feel sorta obligated to take pictures of things people make for me... but only if it ends up in the trash. I'm glad though.





One student made us an ornament this year.

I'm really going to miss talking about Hannah Montana or Webkins. I felt so in the loop. jk. But yes, I'll miss it. I didn't always appreciate it- so that's the point of all this I guess...

Additionally...
The other night we went to the Mesa Temple lights, for the 3rd or 4th time. I can't get enough of them! Anyway, that was probably our last time this season and I'm sad about that!






This'll be my last post till sometime after Christmas so I hope you all have a wonderful and Merry Christmas!!! Go to the temple lights if you haven't already- they'll be down before you know it. There I go feeling sad again...

7 lovely comments:

Kellen and Erin Hansen said... Reply To This Comment

I love the pictures the kids drew you! I don't think I'll ever get cute things from my nine-year-olds like that!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I haven't been to Temple Lights yet! I need to!

I am sorry about being released!

Brody looks so cute!

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

I know you may be sad about getting released... But I am SO EXCITED that you and Tony are on the Activities Committee with us! It is going to be a blast! :)

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

I loved this post! Looks like your primary kids loved you all and wow--can't get enough of Brody and his cuteness! All of you are very photogenic! Merry Christmas! Love, Jeda Grandma

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

haha nice try! you may be able to fool everyone else but i know how you really feel about being released. how about.....

R elieved
E xcited
L aughing with joy
E nthusiastic
A nticipating easier sundays
S uicide no longer a thought
E static
D elighted beyond measure!

of course we loved the kids, but man it will be nice to go to sunday school and priesthood/relief society and not have to keep 6 kids in line and keep their attention for 2 hours!

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

I've been the Primary Chorister for 7 years and LOVED it, and I got released the very same day you did! I'll miss it!

We STILL need to go and see the temple lights!

Sara Crandall said... Reply To This Comment

Don't get too comfy in Relief Society. They may snatch you up again! I will look forward to seeing you in RS until they do though. That's so funny about webkinz and hannah montana--atleast you only had to hear about it once a week.