Monday, December 8, 2008

Iron Girl Weekend

My sweet mom started a tradition two years ago where she flys in from Virgina to run the Tempe Iron Girl 10 mile race together. My sister Anne and her family were able to drive from California to visit too; so she ran with us this year. It was so nice to see them! I don't have any pictures of our race yet, I'll post them later probably, once I get them. Mom is in town, what does that mean? Lots of pictures.



Brody learned to clap a week ago...




Brody met Santa for the first time ever at our ward Christmas party- he didn't think much.


This is the only picture of me with my sisters family, pretty sad. I look a little distracted... but we had a lot of fun together! haha







Brody with his cousins







My mom and I put together a box kit ginger bread house right before taking her to the airport. I prefer that to homemaking it- less messy.





I love my family, I'm so happy they got to visit!

14 lovely comments:

Signe said... Reply To This Comment

I'm glad your family visited too! It's good to see family. Thanks for the cute pictures too!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

I am jealous of your momma Connie, but I am also happy she got to visit with you guys. I really enjoyed the pictures, it was cool to see the cousins together!

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

YAY! So many happy pictures! I love Brody's little Santa outfit, and your gingerbread house turned out so pretty! :)

Newlyweds said... Reply To This Comment

such cute pictures!!! tell your mom I loved her stoory that she shared in Reliefe Society about the guy on the plane. That was so neat to hear.

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

Your mom looks like she could be your sister. I want to hear how your race went.

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

Your mom looks like she could be your sister. I want to hear how your race went.

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

that's weird, sorry I didn't mean to post that twice. ha.

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

I just loved this week-end!!! I am so proud of us for coming in as #8 in the Mother/Daughter teams out of 18 listed. I am sure we can even do better in the years to come!!! We are true Iron Girls! The whole week-end was a miracle like what happened on the plane ride over, only better. I have the best children and grandchildren in the world!!! I am so blessed!!!! Love, Mother

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Yay more pictures of precious Brody! Looove him! I am so happy you got to spend time with your family. Umm...you look so beautiful in all of your pictures!

Hey! All of the friends are meeting up at Charleston's on Saturday at 7:00 for dinner for Ted's bday! We want you to come!!!

Sara Crandall said... Reply To This Comment

I can't wait to see the temple Christmas lights! Great pictures! I am so glad you liked the tortilla soup. It is one of my family favorites too!

Kellen and Erin Hansen said... Reply To This Comment

There are a lot of cute pictures of Brody in here! He is just the cutest little butter ball! I love it. I'm glad you survived your Iron Girl weekend!

Newlyweds said... Reply To This Comment

Connie... your song on Sunday was BEAUTIFUL!!! oh my gosh we just loved it so much. Was that the David Lanz christmas book that you got Joy to the World from? If so, I love that book. I play out of if often.

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

I love the pic of Brody laying on the pillow and this last one where he's turning around...SO CUTE!

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Oh, and I totally love the sweater party idea!