Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

I can't believe the year is almost over! Well, Thanksgiving was great this year. A little bit of football, Macy's parade, Apples to Apples, etc... and A LOT of food. I miss my family but I'm grateful for Tony's family who live nearby. It's so nice to be around family during the holidays.

I did a little cooking this year, nothing extravagant. I've decided I'm not making the sweet potato bake anymore since no one really eats it. Tony was sweet- no one took any of it and he saw me coming up in the line so he took the biggest scoop ever, just to make me feel good. haha! I don't care that no one likes it, I just made it last year cause Tony wanted to try it... I don't even like it, really.


It was a beautiful day in Arizona

I sat Brody in the grass and he was rather disgusted by it. He wouldn't touch it and then he started crying! haha





Our family football game. I didn't play this year though.
Brody looked so cute so I sat him down and took a few pictures of him before the day was over.




I have a lot to be Thankful for. I have a beautiful son, a wonderful husband, great family and friends, and not to mention the gospel. I'm so blessed!

6 lovely comments:

Lecia said... Reply To This Comment

Sorry about the sweet potato pie! I've actually never tried it, ever, even though we serve it every year! Basically what I'm saying is: it's not you, it's me.

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

Yes it was a glorious Thanksgiving day as we carved the roast beast. You forgot one part of the day though...CALL OF DUTY 4!!! (ok well actually you probably want to forget about that part). I loved everything you cooked!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

your family in va missed you!!! you're awsome!

Signe said... Reply To This Comment

Hey-I ate some. I never eat sweet potato anything, but in my effort to have more "new beginnings" I took some, ate it all, and liked it.

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

Thanksgiving is always part of the start of the Christmas Season since we start really thinking about what matters---like family. Looks like it was an awesome day in Arizona. It rained here, as I recall. Brody is adorable in his pictures as well as his parents of course!

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

Baked or fried sweet potatoes are better anyway---remember when we would slice them and pan fry them? Yummy!!! Love, Mother