Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Today was eventful enough that I took some pictures. The day started off great as I woke up and realized Brody had not woken me up AT ALL from 10pm to 7am. Miracle of miracles. I made pancakes for breakfast (our weekend tradtion), and we were off to stake conference. Did anyone else enjoy that?! I sure did. Especially when President Boyd K. Packer stood up for the marriage issue and flat out told us to vote accordingly. It's not a political issue but a moral issue that we need to stick up for. So yes on 102!

Moving on... after church I found myself watching another Christmas movie. That makes number three so far...oy. I guess it's because I found out last year that there aren't enough days in December to watch all my favorites. So I'm starting early this year. Don't judge me. haha

Tony wanted to go on a family outing so I got my bum off the couch and we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon (although it was pretty hot) at a school playground.
This swing contraption was interesting. It's a workout to get it going... I think they are trying to get kids to exercise without them knowing it...
Brody loves it when Tony throws him up high. He gets pretty high for being such a chub!


My hair wasn't blowing in the wind that was static- you can't tell but Brody's was sticking straight up too! haha

Brody looks kinda miserable in some of these pictures, but he really had fun.



After playing at the park we went to my sister-in-laws who gave us tons of fish! I love fish. Although we're not sure what kind the non-labeled ones are. That'll be fun to eat.
I was feeling pretty domestic and decided to whip up some homemade tortillas. They are actually really easy to make... if anyone is interested. We only had 3 store bought tortillas left so I really had no other choice.
This slop is what I make Tony eat for dinner almost weekly. I'm getting sick of the same old meals but at least the tortillas were so fresh and delicious! Oh yeah, Halloween was fun- I'll tell ya all about it sometime.

10 lovely comments:

The Molino Family said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, I would love you to email me the tortilla recipe, a while ago I asked a girl in our ward for hers and she never got back to me with it. I didn't even know you made tortillas! Broady does look so happy; You guys are such rays of sunshine to check up on!!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I seriously cracked up when you said that you got some fish from your sister. So random...and awesome!

Hey, I want to learn how to make tortillas. Teach me to be domestic :)

Brody is my favorite!

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

I love all your cute playground pictures! :)

I thought it was SO AWESOME when Pres. Boyd K. Packer was speaking of the marriage proposition and he said, "If you wish to follow the Brethren..." Wow, I hope people were listening!

Because it's so important, I spent 5 1/2 hours volunteering at a call center today, asking people to vote for Prop 102...tomorrow I'll be holding up a Prop 102 sign at the polls. Hopefully no one will beat me up! ;)

Fiery Jack said... Reply To This Comment

Connie,

Why yes! I do have a blog! I've recently become mildly addicted to it. meh.

And that's really cool that you called it - me being the next one to get hitched! And!.. I'm really glad that it is me getting hitched next! Cuz i love her.

Can you teach us to make homemade tortillas too?! We'd come out there?!

Thanks,
Mike

sylvia said... Reply To This Comment

Brody is so chunky (I love chunky babies)! Too cute.

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

As usual, this blog is great! Its great to have fun family times. Wish I could be there, but hey, one month from now I will!!! Be sure and blog a picture of you guys in your Halloween costumes!!! Love Always, Mother

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

We had those crazy swings at my elementary school! They were the coolest.

Newlyweds said... Reply To This Comment

OK you are TOTALLY going to have to teach me to make homemade tortillas!!!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

mmmmmmmm tortillas!!! takes me back to the mission! be careful though too many tortillas make for a happy but pudgey person! they helped me put on 45lbs.

Rebecca said... Reply To This Comment

Would you mind emailing me your tortilla recipe? I'd love to make some!! rcduvall@gmail.com

Thank you!

Rebecca