Saturday, November 15, 2008

I've had worse

Couple things...
I figure most people are curious to know how the "Twilight event" was... is Jacob really as tall as he should be, and are Victoria and Laurent as frightening in person as they should be? I will answer all of your questions as promptly as possible.

Wednesday morning started out like any other. The baby I watch showed up, Brody was awake as well; and we were all enjoying watching the morning news, while I scarfed down my usual bowl of corn chex. I plopped down on the couch when I vaguely heard something about Twilight over my loud crunchy cereal. So I paused to hear what they had to say and...

So I promptly blog about the event. I figured I wasn't going to go- but at least I could spread the word to friends and other people who may have interest in that sort of thing.

I started thinking I would be remiss if I did not at least try to attend. Wouldn't other's enjoy hearing about it later? Well of course! However, I was not going alone. What am I some kind of loser? But no one I know doesn't have responsibilities in the middle of the day on a week day- even I had babysitting to do. But for something like this, I was going to have Tony cover for me (despite his responsibilities to bring home bacon) and surely someone could go with me.

On to my next dilemma. So there I was searching for answers on my faint, stolen internet connection and I came up with very conflicting results. I still didn't really know what time it started, whether tickets were already being sold, if there were any left, and where exactly it was.

I finally find out that it was scheduled to take place at 5pm and tickets were limited. There were only 750 and by 9am 500something were already sold. I figured it was a lost cause. Before I gave up entirely, finally I called the place to see if it was worth me driving 45minutes out there. I was told that they had 20 more tickets. Instantly I bolt out the door shouting instructions to Tony who now was stuck babysitting.

Driving like a lunatic, I arrive to my destination (a stroke of luck, I tell you... I had NO idea where I was going!) I got mapquest directions (which I scribbled on my hand) to some random place in Scottsdale and hoped it would lead me close to Fashion Square (where it was held). By the time I found it, I was circling the parking lot and decide I better get my hopes up now and find out how many tickets they don't have. BUT I was told there were 5 left!

I park somewhere random, assuming it was legal, and sprint for the store. I called one last time to make sure my efforts weren't for nothing, and I was told they had ONE more ticket! Weeeeeeeeeeee! I was in luck! Surely there aren't any other losers like me going to this alone! That last 750th ticket was MINE and I was going to enjoy it.

So now what would you like to hear? I got the LAST TICKET! The signing was a blast, how lucky am I. Oh... sorry. Actually what happened was I was two seconds too late. Not that I should have cared at all- I mean, what am I in love with these people all of a sudden? Who cares I missed it. I didn't even know about it till that morning anyway. But still, for some reason I was pretty bummed. Especially since I blew the day trying to make it happen, and if I hadn't sat around wondering what to do and just went already, I could have made it!

Tony cheered me up though by taking me out shopping, to Pete's for a delish and satisfying meal, he watched a chick flick with me, and later we got Coldstone. Not sure why I shared all this... I guess... when you're watching Twilight you can think of me and how I almost met those people. heh. heh.

The other thing I wanted to say (mom, dad, those that care) I posted a new clip of Brody playing the piano... It's so cute to me! Anyway it's in the same Baby Bach post, just at the bottom. Enjoy!

7 lovely comments:

The Molino Family said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Molino Family said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, arrrrrrrg! my heart goes out to you! that is such a bummer! Tony you did great through all of this! ;)

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

I was hoping to find out what Twilight even was throughout your blog---glad you posted a picture. Glad that Tony and Brody were the best Twilight partners that night!!! Love, Mother

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Mom- you're funny. I guess Twilight isn't as popular in Va as it is here. Well, it's a 4 book series, written by an LDS author... and the first book "twilight" is now a movie coming out next week. You should read the books, they are great.

Anne- oh how I wish you were my neighbor and we could've gone together!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, I am so sad you weren't able to make it! I seriously cringed with pain when I read that you didn't get a wristband! Do you have someone to go with to the midnight showing?

Kellen and Erin Hansen said... Reply To This Comment

Hey Connie- I tried to email you about our play group this week, but it didn't work for some reason. Anyway, we're actually doing it at my apartment tomorrow at noon, and people will probably stay until about 2pm, so you can come anytime! Hope you can make it!

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

Oh, NOOO! I'm sorry you missed it when you were so close! :(