Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween

It was our third halloween together since we've been married; and of course Brody's first!

We went to our ward party the week before Halloween. I carved that pumpkin to bring as a table centerpiece.

In effort to save a few bucks, I decided to use my old Jeannie costume (from 'I Dream of Jeannie') that I wore once back in Junior High. I'm not sure why I kept it this long but it's been right in the bag with my baptism dress. Any hoo, Tony went as Major Nelson, the guy in the show. Then we had Brody- who was a Dinosaur. He didn't really match us...

Brodster. Such a chub.
I made that shirt for Tony to wear. It's just one of his old shirts turned inside out and drawn on with permanent marker. Pretty cheesy, I know- but after the party I was glad we didn't go out and buy him an Air Force uniform. Not like many people would've really gotten who he was anyway. Plus, in the show he's usually just wearing a shirt and tie anyway. Meh. (I'm trying to get Brody to look at the camera...) And don't worry, that's skin colored fabric on my stomach...hence, no belly button.
Here's Brody doing the cake walk. He won us a doughnut...
*****
Tony had the idea for us to be a caveman and cavewoman to match Brody. So that's what we ended up going as to our friend Tiffany's party on Halloween. I wish we would've thought of that sooner... oh well! Brody trick or treated at the grandparents...
Us being cavemen. I thought about growing out my leg hair but then I would probably never get invited to anymore parties.

I couldn't find any cavewoman jewelry in time so I made it instead. The bracelet, necklace, and bone in my hair was made out of Sculpey clay. It was pretty fun, since I love making things. Easy too.. just shape and bake.
Us at the party... I love Halloween, and it was a lot of fun this year.


13 lovely comments:

The Molino Family said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, the caveman accessories you made worked out so well! and I love your frankenstien pumpkin..is that a template or did you draw that too?? by the way, brody's adorable.

Mariner SuperFan said... Reply To This Comment

What a cute baby!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I love both of your costumes! How fun!

Umm, I am in love with Brody in that Dino outfit. He is too cute!

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

You guys are so cute in the cavemen outfits!

Newlyweds said... Reply To This Comment

the caveman idea is awesome! you guys look great! i love the bone in the hair! so cute!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

wow i have the cutest nephews ever! well what do you expect with such good looking mothers!

Tisdale Family said... Reply To This Comment

You guys looked so cute at the party! I loved your costumes!

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

I was wondering were you got your jewelry that you wore that night since they were so perfect for your outfit. I should have known that you came up with something crafty. Thanks for coming to our party. You guys were so cute.

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

Both of your Halloween parties have you guys looking awesome!!! (Is that the Genie Outfit from your childhood)? Anywho no one has to tell you that you have the most adorable dinosaur in all of history!!! And his cavemen parents aren't too shabby either!!! I want duplicates of these pictures---Cute, Cute, Cute and quadruple cute---Love, Mother

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

I love both of your costumes...and your cute pumpkin...and Brody is just ADORABLE! :D

DAD said... Reply To This Comment

OH MY GOSH! IT IS A DROOLASAURUS! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Anne- no, I didn't draw that, it was a template from some website. And mom, yes that is the same costume I wore about 10 years ago. haha It was a little short.
Dad your comment made me laugh out loud. My family is so nerdy, I love it.

Carrie Carp said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so happy i got to meet you in real life! i was just telling ty online that i "really like tony's wife"! Thanks for being my blog buddy!