Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vote, Vote, Vote!

I love the commercial where you see the lady in the wheelchair brave city buses and rain.. all just to cast her vote. "Everyday millions of people choose to do the right thing". Aww, how touching. Unfortunately for her, no one chose to do the right thing and let her know that she can spare herself that trek; and simply have the stuff mailed to her.

Only 54 percent of Americans vote. I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that most people don't take advantage of the early voting...to have everything mailed to them... hmm. Who knows (cares)? Tony and I get mail-in ballots. In fact, I've never done it any other way. I couldn't tell you what voting on election day is like... but, seeing as this year is a close race, you should really vote. That is, if you haven't already. P.S. Yes on prop 102!

6 lovely comments:

Newlyweds said... Reply To This Comment

AMEN sister! early ballots are the ONLY way to go!!! By the way thanks again for the idea for Halloween! :)

Brea Hiatt

DAD said... Reply To This Comment

and vote McCain!

Mariner SuperFan said... Reply To This Comment

So you found my lame blog! I really need to update it. You have some really cute stuff on your site!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I voted last night. Early ballots are bomb.

Jessie said... Reply To This Comment

sadly, i was lazy so now i'm gonna have to risk it at a voting place - but didn't the apts send out a notice that they'll be hosting voting at the office? hopefully.

i can't remember what website i was on, but there was this very pretty, patriotic video going on about how we should care and caring means voting. and then it went on that if we cared enough to vote, Starbucks would care enough to give you a free coffee if you went in and told them you voted. i got all excited and totally wanted to cash in on it...but then i remembered mormons don't do that...do you think i could get a free hot chocolate instead?

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Oh you can for sure get a free hot chocolate instead- I don't see why not, I mean, chocolate is cheaper than coffee beans. Right? Actually I'm not positive on that. Our apartment complex is hosting voting booths- although i know you are "assigned" to a certain place. Does that mean you HAVE to go there? Like I said, never done it any other way than mail-in. Btw, thanks for the tip on the free hot chocolate (maybe) I'm always down for free stuff... tony wrote a blog about that once, actually.