Saturday, October 18, 2008

One of the reasons I love October


Ahh yes… our 2 year anniversary celebration. It fell on a Sunday this year so how much can you really do? So, we celebrated it the day before. I have to say, it was very special and one I’ll never forget! Do you know whyyyy?? Well, if you read my “Beautiful Beginning” post, you’ll know I fell in love with Tony at a certain Hyatt hotel in Scottsdale (no we didn't stay there, we just went on the gondola ride they have in the back). Well, he surprised me this year by taking me back to that very place!

First, we went to the movies and saw “Eagle Eye”, ate at our favorite restaurant- which was also a place he took me to in Florida when I visited him there during our long distance dating, rode the gondola again, and took in the beauty which is the Hyatt hotel. They have dozens of pools scattered around that are gorgeous, I couldn't help but take a few pictures. Here's just a couple though... in the gondola picture I was trying to help the guy figure out how to use the camera when he snapped a shot of me talking. Oh well...


Our actual anniversary was spent pretty much doing regular Sunday activities but we did treat ourselves to some homemade chocolate fondue, yum. Tony and I decided to make cards this year (instead of buy them)- and he wrote me the cutest poem on mine! What a great husband I have.

7 lovely comments:

DADDY said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, the best thing is that it only gets petter year after year. Love DADDY

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

Yea it was a really fun weekend! It was cold that night and the fire they had roaring by the pool was so cozy! next time we should go swimming in all those pools! Happy anniversary i love you!

Char and Trent said... Reply To This Comment

I love the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch. We went there for our anniversary and went on the gondola ride and snuck into the pools.. It was awesome :)

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Aww...cutest! I love that you had chocolate fondue..so romantic and fun :)

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

The night Rob proposed he took me to the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch and we too went on the gondola's. How romantic. Anniversaries are so fun!!!

Kellen and Erin Hansen said... Reply To This Comment

Cute! Happy Anniversary on Sunday! Well, I found your blog and it is soo cute. That is so sweet that your husband surprised with all that.

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Tony did great!

We just saw Eagle Eye, too! It made me never want to use my cell phone or the internet again! That lasted for about 10 minutes. ;)