Thursday, August 28, 2008

Road trip!

At first it was just going to be me and Brody... but I thought: Tony doesn't start school till next week- so I convinced him to ditch work for a few days and come party with us in Cali! And he did! It was a glorious time! We got to see my sister Anne and her family as well as my parents who flew in from Virginia. My dad got to meet his two newest grandsons for the first time since he's been home from Iraq. If we look tired and pale in these pictures it's because we slept on the floor and got hardly any sleep the night before... but don't worry friends, we got a hotel for the rest of the trip.

We had our own photo shoot with Mickey himself. Yeah, that's right.



I have and always will love Toontown. They let you drive their trolley!


We got pictures with practically every Disney character there that day. I'm always SO excited too- until we actually get up to the thing and I realize it's an actual person in there.. and then I get weirded out.
Tony got the lowest possible outcome on the Kiss-o-meter. Tough luck, kid. Turns out, my mom has more game than both of us!
We took so many pictures the first day I'm already sick of looking at them... so I'm only posting a few so far. BUT, it was a blast! I was so worried about taking a 5month old baby to a theme park.. I wasn't thrilled at the idea of hauling around a stroller all day and not even going on rides. But actually we got to take Brody on quite a few rides, and it was so cute to see him look around at everything. Anyway, there's more to the trip.. but I'm still waiting to get those pictures. Ttfn! Ta ta for now. (;

4 lovely comments:

sylvia said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Just wait until Brody is old enough to have fun with the rest of you! By the way, you look great! Did you ever gain any baby weight?

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so glad you had such a nice time with your family.

So sorry I canceled on you this morning. I still feel bad. I was so looking forward to it. How does next Friday work for ya?

Ben & Kim said... Reply To This Comment

Connie! How are you? I was glad to find your blog. Brody is so cute. He is a mini Tony for sure. Good to here from you, keep in touch.

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

That was a great vacation! I can't believe how much Brody liked it! We will have to do this again real soon.