Sunday, August 31, 2008

Road trip ~ part 2

The rest of our trip was great fun. The highlight of our second day was doing a session in the Redlands temple with my family. That temple is special to me- all growing up our closest temple was in LA (hour drive). I was in Young Womens when that temple was built (5minutes from home) and they asked me, along with 9 other youth, to work at the dedication. (President Hinckley said HI to me!) So I was glad I finally got to go inside it for an actual session. SO beautiful.


And our last day was spent again, at Disneyland! Only this time we dropped Brody off with my parents at 6am and Tony and I got there before it even opened. We ran from ride to ride and did everything we wanted at both parks, by the time we met up with my family for lunch!



My awesome parents splurged on lunch for everyone. We went to the "Blue Bayou" - which is the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Carribean ride. I always said, "someday we should eat there" But I never thought I actually would. For those who are interested, the food is pretty good- and I'd say it's worth it to go at least once. Only, I wish our table was in a better location... half of us were facing a wall...

I love how intense I look in this picture...so determined... as you can see it paid off greatly as I sufficiently wasted Tony's score. Go me.


All in all, the trip was fabulous and this time I managed to arrive back in Arizona, unsunburned, and in one piece. I wish I could say the same for Tony and Brody though- who both got pretty bad ...colds? I'm not sure what they got, poor boys.

3 lovely comments:

Jessie said... Reply To This Comment

oh man - that all looks like so much fun! and way to go on creaming Tony at that game!

p.s. - love what you've done with the place - you're header is so dang cool! So SNAZZY! how did you do it???

The Molino Family said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, That picture you and Tony took in front of ...and they lived happily ever after; you have to tell me where that is! What a cute idea. (of course i'm going to copy you now!)

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I love that you went to the Blue Bayou! Ted and I are going there on our Honeymoon. I am glad the food is good.

Where is the "Happily Ever After" sign located?