Saturday, August 16, 2008

Have You Seen Me???

'Kay, I thought about what ya'll can get me for my bday. "If I had one wish to make, this is the wish I would choose... I'd want an old straw hat, a pair of overalls, and a worn out pair of shoes..."
Well not quite. By the way, 2 dollars to the person who knows where that quote is from... and that means before you Google it. Hint: it's a movie. Hint #2: it's a classic. That is all. Moving on...

What I really want/crave/miss/dream about, is this:
But- GAH! They are no where to be found this side of Hershey, Pennsylvania. Infact, I can't even find them on the Hershey's website. Yes, I've searched high and low- including the world wide web. The madness started not too long ago... sometime during my pregnancy when someone asked me what my favorite candy bar was. They planned on buying it for me but had to get me something else because they "couldn't find it". Grrr. Anyway, I've had no such luck in my attempts to prove that person wrong- that they do infact exsist and that they are sold nation wide. Half a year later, I'm starting to think I'm the crazy one. Friends: if you come across this candy bar, buy it and enjoy it. And then buy me one because I'm CRAVING one like no other. That's my only birthday wish. G'nite.

6 lovely comments:

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

So when was your birthday and I had no idea you were a twin!!! How cool. By the way, I love reading your blogs. Your writing is so entertaining. Looking forward to our play date. Have fun in Cali.

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

Well sorry i couldn't even get you one for your b-day :( but we will be in southern california for the next 4 days so maybe we can go on a s'mores hunting adventure! i guess i could have just said all this to you in person...

Ty said... Reply To This Comment

i know how you feel about wanting a candy product that is not available here. in canada they have o'henry's (they have o'henrys in the states but they are completely different) and i want one so bad. if you can find one my birthday is not too far

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

yeah, i remember those- they're pretty good

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

The movie is Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm starring Shirley Temple. I will be expecting 2 dollars when I come in December to run the 10 mile race. Maybe you can put it towards a smoothie before or after the race!!! I had a great time with your family in Cali. Brody is soooo sweet and smart. I miss him already. But, I owe, I owe so off to work I go!!! Love, Mother p.s. Someday your candybar will come,
Some day you'll meet again
And away to your tummy it will go
To make you happy forever I know! Now---$2.00 if you can instantly guess what Disney Princess sang that (about a prince, not a candy bar, but you know me---I'll spin off of anything)!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Smoothie it is! But OF COURSE you knew that movie, MOM! I guess no one else would've known that... so It's ok you gave it away. (;